Instructions for ENSAR2 publications
Any dissemination of results (in any form, including electronic) must:
- display the EU emblem and
- include the following text:
“This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 654002”.
Open access to publications
ENSAR2 partners will follow the “green” model to provide free on-line access to peer-reviewed scientific publications produced by the project in order to favour dissemination of ENSAR2 results. Where possible, the participants will be encouraged to publish in open-access journals and to deposit their papers prior to publication in open-access archives.
For certain important publications that deserve immediate dissemination, ENSAR2 management may consider using the “gold” open access (immediate free access) by approving the publication costs by the groups involved.
In particular, each beneficiary must ensure open access (free of charge online access for any user) to all peer-reviewed scientific publications relating to its results.
In particular, it must:
- as soon as possible and at the latest on publication, deposit a machine-readable electronic copy of the published version or final peer-reviewed manuscript accepted for publication in a repository for scientific publications; Moreover, the beneficiary must aim to deposit at the same time the research data needed to validate the results presented in the deposited scientific publications.
- ensure open access to the deposited publication — via the repository — at the latest:
- on publication, if an electronic version is available for free via the publisher, or
- within six months of publication (twelve months for publications in the social sciences and humanities) in any other case.
- ensure open access — via the repository — to the bibliographic metadata that identify the deposited publication.
The bibliographic metadata must be in a standard format and must include all of the following:
- the terms “European Union (EU)” and “Horizon 2020”;
- the name of the action, acronym and grant number;
- the publication date, and length of embargo period if applicable, and
- a persistent identifier.